Thursday, August 21, 2008

BACK TO REAL LIFE! MORE REAL THAN EVER!

Well we are back from our most relaxing vacation! It was so nice to be together just the two of us! We slept in everyday courtesy of that amazing curtain that hotel rooms have. You know the one that makes the room pitch black no matter what time it is. The first couple days I woke up in a panic not really knowing where the hell I was, but I soon got very used to it. We were beach bums mostly. We snorkeled and went para sailing which was really fun. I conquered alot of fears and quirks on this trip. I have an extreme fear of heights-like when I say fear I mean paralyzing fear-And actually para sailing was great. I hate open water you know the whole shark/alligator/barracuda thing. So when we were snorkeling the second time I barely got in- still very shallow- put my face in the water and saw a baby SHARK!!!! I flipped out! I'm sure I looked like a freakin' maniac! I could not move because of the big ass flipper on my feet! So by the time I got to shore after struggling in four feet of water -I was a mess! This lady confirmed my spotting!She said there was a baby reef shark that hung out there, but she never bothers anyone. Then I really don't like sand/dirt anything like that. I drives me nuts to have my hands and feet feel dry and crusty. But I got over that real quick because sand was everywhere.
My kids totally survived without me! Madden did not miss us at all! Ayden came down with Chickenpox the day before we came home, but she had the absolute best care. She has a really mild case because she had one vaccine and they caught it early so they could give her a prescription to shorten it and stop it from spreading. So vay-cay was a success! So now back to real real real life chicken pox, back to school night, and cooking dinner! I didn't get very many pics-sorry! I tried to do slideshow but struggle!

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I'm so glad you're back. I missed you guys.

Jen Gentry said...

Sounds like you guys had fun. I am in need of getting away from my kids too!! Justin will be in afternoon preschool but just on Tuesdays and Thursdays so we for sure need to get together.

Critt & Britt said...

Hailey, You are hilarious. I can just imagine you snorkling and freaking out. I love it! I am proud of you for doing the whole parasailing thing. I told you you would love it. It is almost relaxing up there. We missed you at the park today.